Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Words and Pictures - Souvenirs


I have been collecting souvenir cloth patches since I was a kid. I have an old blanket that I sew them on to. The oldest ones must date from the late 80s. I try to collect one from every place I have a holiday. There are at least ten more in my sewing basket that are waiting to be added. As you can see I've always had trouble trying to keep them squared while sewing!

People have offered to bring me patches back from their own travels but I have to decline. Their meaning comes from me visiting each place and finding each patch. The only place I've visited where I couldn't find a cloth patch was Singapore.


Incidentally, one corner of my blanket is covered in all my old Brownie and Guide badges :) Some of them are quite worn as you can see! I loved achieving those badges - I remember the one with the bee was 'Thrift', the one with the quill I think must have been 'Writing', and the one with the magnifying glass I'm pretty sure was 'Collecting'. Good times.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer we couldn't get one in Singapore. Must go back there one day and try again!

    ReplyDelete