Friday, July 31, 2009

The last day of July

Jimminnies! It's the last day of July and I have only posted once this month. Gotta be more disciplined. Or perhaps get a more blog-worthy life.

I'm currently feeling guilty for my total slack-arse attitude around the house. I've had four sessions of 'spare time' (ie. Little Jac sleeping) in the last two days. This is what I should have done:

  • Swept and mopped the kitchen floor. It's had a lovely mixture of dog and cat slobber and dog wee on it since last time it was done and Little Jac is always crawling around on it
  • Cleaned our desk in order to inspire me to start our Thailand album
  • Scrubbed the bath clean of Little Jac's bath ring, and done the rest of the bathroom too
  • Cleaned the cat's poo splatter off the laundry walls
  • Cooked some proper food for Little Jac
  • Called Archicentre to find out about extensions.
This is what I actually did:
  • Slept
  • Snoozed
  • Rested on the couch
  • Surfed the net
  • Wished I was a clever crafter
  • Had cups of coffee and ate biscuits
  • Sewed ric-rac onto a skirt (ok, this was productive if not a priority)
  • Admittedly I also put the dishwasher and washing machine on a couple of times.
Could be better Jac!!

2 comments:

  1. U had a much better weekend this time around though huh? From your list of "should have done", you achieved 4 from 6!

    Plus u squeezed in a sleep on the couch, net surfing, coffee, biscuits...dishwasher...washing...what a weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jac, I saw your post on the meet me at mikes site about a northern suburbs craft group. Keep an eye on http://northsidemakers.blogspot.com/ the site will go "live" at the end of the week!

    ReplyDelete